Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stylish Mullets?

No I'm not talking about the cringe worthy hairstyle. These are mullets in the form of skirts and dresses.
As far as I'm concerned, the most famous mullet dress is the wedding gown worn by Stephanie Seymour in the video for the 1992 Guns N' Roses hit "November Rain." Remember this?




I'll be honest, at the age of 11, I thought that this was the most beautiful and original thing ever! And swore up and down that when I got married, I too would have a mullet wedding gown. Most of you will probably be happy to hear that I decided to go with something a little different. What do you think?


Vera Wang, "Gemma" Fall 2011

While I went a different route with my wedding gown, I do think I will be incorporating a few of the mullet pieces into my summer wardrobe. For example, I love this mullet skirt from MANGO 

MANGO, $49

They've paired it with a loose fitting blouse and some strappy heels, but this would also be great with a fitted tank, and some flat sandals. 
This pretty turquoise mullet skirt would be great with a white tank, a denim jacket, some brown wedges, and accessories such as bangles or a long necklace.

 TOPSHOP $80


I'll be the first to admit that I would never have thought that a mullet could be stylish, but there you go; another case of never say never. The final decision is yours, to mullet or not to mullet?

No comments:

Post a Comment